Sunday, February 17, 2008

One Of Ours: Robert K Killian

Here is an article I found from the NY Times, 01/01/2006, in the Connecticut regional section, called Those Who Made A Difference.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/01/nyregion/nyregionspecial2/01ctintro.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

It is about our cousin Robert K Killian. I like what he is quoted as saying in here: I could hear myself doing and saying the same thing.

This brief article about CT Attorney Generals includes a photo: http://www.ct.gov/ag/cwp/view.asp?a=2132&q=295144#kil

He is the son of Edward Killian, who in turn is the son of James Killian, brother of my great grandmother Mary Killian of Shannonbridge, Athlone, C0. Offaly, Ireland. She was mother of William Aloysius Horan, my maternal grandfather. Mary immigrated in 1867, according to the 1900 census. PL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found your site while searching for an article on my grandfather, Robert K. Killian. He really was an inspiration, and it makes me so happy to see other people still hearing about him, several years after his death.

Best wishes on your mission - keep doing the best you can and saying what you think.
-Virginia Killian Lund

Peg Lewis said...

Virginia - Are you still reading this blog? I am going to see Bob Killian in Hartford in two weeks. Where are you? I'd love to connect if you're in New England somewhere! I need a phone number or email address...

Best, Peg

Kathy said...

Peg --- I came across your site while doing some research on my family. My great grandmother was a Killian born in Offaly, married a Rigney, was widowed, then married a Wynne. My grandmother, Katherine Wynne, was the youngest child, born around 1898.

I have a letter writtent to my grandmother in 1921 from her sister, Mary Wynne Bannon who was living in Salt Lake City at that time. Mary had a daughter, Florence Bannon, who was a school teacher. She was probably born around 1915. I would be happy to email you a copy of the letter.