Saturday, February 23, 2008

'It Won't Make Any Difference'

This important phrase has proven its worth over and over as we meet challenges that could become mountain ranges instead of speedbumps.

We've had a few challenges since our declaration that we are going on our mission asap.

Some include the terrible real estate market when it would be helpful to sell some properties.

Then there were some strange delays in getting our file open so we could work on our papers.

One of the four areas of effort concerns health. I have been diligent in doing my Air Force exercises daily, and walking if not the mailboxes, then some distance, also daily.

In fact I am 29 days into doing the AF exercises. But it's not without its challenges, because:

On Tuesday I fell, cracking a rib. On Wednesday it wasn't so bad. On Thurs and Fri, worse. Now I have spasms in my chest from it.

But It Won't Make Any Difference!

I can still do the AF exercises, though it starts out being a little painful. And walking is a bit slower, but I'm still doing it.

I'm not happy with having broken another bone, and I know I have weeks ahead before it's out of the constant pain category. (The pain isn't excruciating, but sneezing is so unpleasant that my body basically won't follow through with a complete achoo.)

But It Won't Make Any Difference!

We are going. We may go to Mongolia, or we may go to SLC. We may sell properties or rent them out. Whatever! We're going. PL

2 comments:

MandaMommy said...

Are you sure you cracked it? It could be subluxated, which could possibly be fixed quite easily with a little trip to the chiropractor... But I don't know exactly what you're feeling, so what do I know? Regardless, good luck with that! Hopefully it will go away soon!

Peg Lewis said...

Thanks for the comment. The pain is very localized, but I don't really know either! I hadn't thought about subluxation... Biggest symptom at this point: very difficult to do the choo of ahchoo.