Monday, February 25, 2008

Mailbox #12 - I 'Own' It

You own a mailbox when you have been there 3 times. That means you don't go below it even if you stop for an extended period, like 3 months.

I own Mailbox #12. It's a good distance from #1 - takes maybe 20 minutes to get to. I went to it 3 times last week.

Then I took a 3-day break. My broken rib was flaring up on Friday and Saturday. And then on Sunday, because we are ward missionaries we have a meeting after church (till 6 pm) and then it's pretty late to do the walk and the meditation and then supper. So, 3 days...

So I dropped back from #13 to #12, and did my best.

And it turned out to be an all-time record (even though I thought I was being a slug).

Remember that the mailboxes are visited once out, and once again on the way back.

And Mailbox #10 is down on the property line in the big wash, so when I do #12, I have to walk down there, back up to #12, back to #11, then #10 in the wash, then back up ... etc.

So I was really surprised when I got back to the house. The other day I did it in about 40 minutes. Today I did it in 38! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!

I also figured out what to do when I run out of mailboxes on Sallee Road. I will start over. So #16 is the same as #1, our own mailbox, and so on.

My target is to get to '#30', which is twice to #15, and about 4 miles, in my allotted 1 hour. That would be a big improvement!

Also I will walk 5 days a week because I believe the break actually gave me a chance to build muscles. How else could I have gone faster?

Just FYI, Mailboxes #11-14 are all clumped together.

Comments?

No comments: