Friday, February 8, 2008

A Beginning

This is an accountability blog.

Preparation for a mission requires attention to a multitude of details related to FITNESS.

Like grandchildren, they fall into families. FITNESS families in this case. And readiness families:

Medical/Dental/Health
Financial
Emotional
Spiritual

These are the ones we know about so far.

We would like to go abroad for our mission. They won't let you go abroad if you have a hefty medical issue.

We would like to go anywhere they want us to go. They won't let you go someplace you can't afford.

We would like to go - but then we will miss everyone. 'If you love them, leave them,' the Prophet said.

And as for spiritual fitness and readiness, the whole process is a test of faith. Or else it's just work and travel.

We have work to do in each of these areas. So - just in case someone is out there listening - I will lay out here in this blog what I see as the important preparation steps to take and how I'm doing with them.

They'll be listed as they come up.

I hope you will encourage me and let me know you are there, and care. PL

No comments: