Monday, February 11, 2008

Mailboxes Report 2/10/08

I did not accomplish my Mailbox walk for this date! But I did walk for about 15 minutes.

Because of spending all morning preparing my talk, I did not go out until nearly 2 pm, just before we had to leave for church. I didn't have enough time to add the new mailbox, which turns out to be 515 feet from the previous one. I did go to it, but then I returned home without retracing my steps.

The other problem was that the sun was too intense. I can't say it was exactly hot - maybe 72 - but anyone who knows the Tucson sun knows it can really press those photons right through your skin.

So I have learned that I can't go out in midday. I also can't go early in the morning - that's when I do my RCAF exercises, and that's enough for right then. So I have decided to make 5 pm walk time. The next mailboxes are quite far apart, and by the time I add a few more, I'll need a lot more time than I've been allowing.

Fortunately 'the rules' mean I get to do Mailbox #8 again today without having to back down. PL

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good job! I love hearing what you're up to :)

Peg Lewis said...

Thx!