Friday, May 30, 2008

Mystery of Missing Mission Call Starts with M

I just talked to the kind Bro Godfrey from the mission department, having called him because we needed to change our address from Chris's to Rye Court, Anacortes.

He said, funny thing you should have called - I have just talked to your stake president....

It turns out that they had processed our papers, and knew that I was probably related to John, an astronomer...

But they couldn't send us our call because of our photo.

!!!!!!

What was wrong with our photo?

The MUSTACHE! One has a choice: mustache or mission.

He said if I would cross my heart and hope to die, he would go ahead and send our call along with the others for processing, and that it would go out in the mail next Tuesday. He laughed and said it could not go out today no matter what.

But I had to promise to provide a new photo with no mustache!

I said I would but that it would take a few days while we were in transit. He was ok w/ that.

So next Thursday or so, we should get our call. We are having it sent to our home address so we don't have to hang out at the post office. It has been cleared by the Apostles already.

The actual mustache-bearer is not overjoyed, but will comply. Right before we do the photo, I think...

3 comments:

trogonpete said...

can I have it?

[the mustache, I mean]

trogonpete said...

send us a picture ASAP. I've gotta see this.

Martie said...

Finally I get to see him with no caterpillar. I missed it last time and nobody sent pics.

This happened with Nico. He cut off his hair the last day before we had to send pictures. Have D call him for some good ol' empathy and understanding!