Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sticky Spots

We seem to have little cul-de-sacs in our progress. I think it's inevitable. One is that my medical papers are 'lost'. I don't believe they're really lost, they're just not found at the moment. I gave them, in an envelope addressed to the bishop, with adequate postage on it, to my doctor. After our first round of physicals, he called and talked about which category he was going to recommend for my mission service (A, unrestricted - able to work 6 days a week, walk 6 miles a day, and stand several hours a day). I agreed, and he said he was putting it in the mail. That was just short of 2 weeks ago. The bishop hasn't received it yet. The system is such that I can print out another copy and put it into the system again, but by then the old one will have shown up. I just know that - it's the way these things work.

Another sticky spot is just the long string of medical things to do that don't seem to move along very smoothly: get a referral, but they never call.

We think it's all in the nature of hobgoblins and their obstructionism. But it won't make any difference.

Once upon a time, waiting to push that final button until May 7 seemed like we'd be treading water for quite a while. Now it looks like just the most earliest likely date. That is 6 mos from the report date of at least one of the missions we might get called to. Out of several hundred.

No comments: